The two practice sessions I have chosen are loving kindness and subtle mind. These exercises have shown me different ways to approach myself and others in my life in a very earthy and grounded way.
In the loving kindness exercise the phrases: all individuals, well, good health, happiness and wholeness are very important to follow into mental fitness. I have learned and tried to practice these words with myself, because I have spent time thinking on others and not myself. I understand that for me to help someone else, I first have to help myself by becoming healthy, happy and whole. In order to achieve this goal, I know I have to ground myself, exercise, eat healthy, and respect life and everything that surrounds me.
The subtle mind exercise focuses on breathing practices to tame and stabilize the mind. The last time I tried it, sadly it did not work for me because I was focusing too much on my grade on the quiz. I also realized that I need to continue to practice my breathing exercises learnt, because I need to focus on something else besides the world full of pain, war, sadness and anger. For me, these are my stepping steps to foster mental fitness.

No comments:
Post a Comment